Any way to globally change the number of spaces shown on the dashboard?

I'm testing an upgrade from Confluence 3.0.2 to 4.1, and would like to get ALL my 31 spaces listed on the dashboard. Currently, only the first 20 are shown. I realise that individual users can mark favourites, but I don't anticipate a lot of people taking the time to do this.

Is there a config file somewhere that I can edit to increase the 20 to a higher number?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

I'm not 100%, but from my checking of the Confluence source code it seems this is buried in the Java code on the backend. The Dashboard action seems to call up to UserInterfaceState which has these params :

public static final int DEFAULT_MAX_RECENTLY_ADDED_PAGE_COUNT = 10;
public static final int DEFAULT_MAX_RECENTLY_UPDATED_PAGE_COUNT = 20;
public static final int LIMIT_RECENTLY_ADDED_PAGE_COUNT = 50;
public static final int LIMIT_MAX_RECENTLY_UPDATED_PAGE_COUNT = 50;

I'm not positive, but tracing through code I can't find any other parameter set to 20 that would impact the dashboard list of spaces, other than com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.macros.dashboard.GlobalEntitiesContextProvider.MAX_RESULTS which is also 20.

Thanks Adam. It's not so important to me to justify messing round in the code and rebuilding. But thanks for looking into it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

947 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you