Any way to force Confluence to render mobile page?

Lis Riba December 23, 2014

Is there any URL parameter I could use to force Confluence to render a page using the mobile view rather than desktop view?

1 answer

1 vote
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2014

Hey Lis,

Actually not. Basically Confluence identify which browser your using, if it's mobile, it calls the mobile plugin, to then show up the mobile version.

Cheers,
WZ

Stefan Lohrum January 15, 2015

How does the detection work? I run Firefox 35.0 on my 2012 Nexus 7 Tablet (resolution 1280 × 800) and I get the only the dektop view.

Stefan Lohrum January 15, 2015

With Google Chrome (v 38.0.x) I also get the Confluence desktop version only, even if I tell Chrome to identify as "Chrome Mobile Version" BR Stefan

Ulrich Hobelmann [catworkx]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

Same here. Using Firefox on my Android tablet I always get the desktop page, which is not exactly optimal due to very small buttons. Basically you have to zoom around and then the buttons get way too big.

However you do browser detection, it needs improving.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events