cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any known issues with any web browsers and latest version on confluence 3.5.x

Jaime Romaguera July 26, 2011

Hi,

We are looking at upgrading to Confluence 3.5x

Someone was telling me there was issues with IE or another web browser (chrome or Firefox) and the latest version of confluence.

Can someone tell me this is true?

Thanks

Jaime

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Cooper
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2011

IE 9 is not officially supported - but works

Chrome and Firefox work fine

There are issues with embedded media files, from my experience IE 9 ( the unsupported verison) is the only browser that will play wmv video files, using the media macro. The supported browsers don't ( confirmed by Atlassian support). This on 3.5.7 and 4.0

I have seen other comments about flaky performance with other media files in other browsers, but thats the only area I have heard of issues.

I use all three main (windows) browsers on a daily basis and have not had any issues, other than that mentioned. (Doesn't mean there are'nt any and the broswers are updating very aggressivley so things may change)

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2011

I disagree that Chrome works fine. It works well-enough that I use it exclusively, but there are some things that don't work. It isn't officially supported, but we are hoping that is added to Confluence V4.

Martin Cooper
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

Chrome Support is officialy added at Version 4.0. I use it as my main browser for 3.5.7 and 4 and have not had any major issues. ( I find as many things don't work in other browsers so the point becomes moot, or at least swings and roundabouts, and nothing stops me working.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events