Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answers - Is this available as a separate product that I can use for my projects?

Gerard Wills February 19, 2013

I am currently using Atlassian Answers to ask this question, so there is a hint of recursion here :)

In my projects, the development team often have questions for the business experts and analysts. It would be great if I could purchase Atlassian Answers which does exactly what I would love to have.

Someone could ask a question and others could see the question and think about it.

Then more than one answer could be given, a decision could be made and the whole discussion is available at a later date.

Maybe if I was smarter with Confluence, the answer (pardon the pun) could be staring me in the face?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

as you can see in the footer..

Powered by OSQA

http://www.osqa.net/

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

atlassian has some customizations to make it look/work like it actually does..

i remember reading something about "sharing it" with us but the provided bitbucket link was shut down due to some unclear restrictions on atlassian side i guess

but as you tagged "OnDemand" i am not sure if you can install this

Thanks .. I did not see that in the footer.

OSQA could be the answer, specifically their commercial AnswerHub product, which is hosted and is inexpensive for my small number of users.

It probably will not have nice linkages to JIRA issues and Bonfire test sessions .. but maybe one day ...

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

yeah i just installed the plugin on a test instance...for my case i'd need some conditions that may check for "No unanswered Questions"

bu it looks nice though

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2013

Last I heard - Answers is based on the open source system http://www.osqa.net/ but is not packaged up as a product for distribution by Atlassian. I don't know if their customisations are available generally either.

I don't think Confluence lends itself to forums/q&a, but it does complement a system nicely when you use it for documentation and/or a knowledge base. I'd like to see better integration - at the moment, you see a lot of questions answered with "have a look at doc: url to confluence", and I'm sure there's scope for doing that better (although I'm not sure what)

Also, only the other day, one of the Jira experts here released something that I think might be worth a look, if you've got a Jira install knocking around - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ro.agrade.jira.qanda

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

oh thats a goog lookin feature (for those who need it)

Gerard just check this qanda plugin Nic posted. seems to do what your aiming at

This plugin sounds very interesting but it is not for me at this time because I am using AOD.

I hope the developer keeps going with this because it fills a gap in the Atlassian product line.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events