Anonymus access and Confluence users

Hello,

I am intrigued by the ``anonymous`` permission in Confluence. I would please like to know who exactly falls in this category and is it pertinent to have such a category in terms of security ?

And related to the ``confluence users`` group. My understanding is that this group is composed out of people who signed themselves into the tool without being added. Is this assumption correct ?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Nov 24, 2017

Hi Iuliana,

an anonymous user is a user who is not logged in. Just the same as you open a website without logging in. The pages are visible to anyone who know the URL.

The group of confluence users are the one, who are able to log in to your Confluence. Whether they can create themselve an account or are given an account by an admin is up to your environment.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

914 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you