Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous access to Confluence (external partner)

Deleted user November 25, 2019

Dear Community,

I want to allow access to our external call-center-agency to a specific Confluence space with documentation, instructions, relevant news from our company etc. Noone else should have even the slightest possibility to access the documentation. Of course the call-center-agents must only see their documentation and nothing else.

Now I have a couple of questions:

• If I allow anonymous access to Confluence, can only people who are invited by link see the documentation? Could the link possibly be shared with others, that we cannot track? Can the space, that is open for anonymous access also be found e.g. on google?
  • I just read about Confluence as a knowledge base for the jira service desk - this way users who can log in to jira service desk could read on specific pages in Confluence. Does anyone have experience with this? 

• Is there anyone who solved a similar problem - providing documentation for external stakeholders while guaranteeing noone else can access?

Thank you so much for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Jeffry Gamba November 25, 2019

Yes, you can! Share the Confluence Page URL to the person. But, before that, you have to enable first the anonymous access permission in the Global Permission settings.  

I tried it before answering your question because I'm also curious. It worked.

See this link:: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/confluence-evaluator-resources/confluence-can-i-share-confluence-files-to-a-non-confluence-user

Deleted user November 27, 2019

I know that it is possible to share with others outside of Confluence with the anonymous access.

My question is: Will only the person I share it with see the page? Or could anyone that (randomly) receives the link see the page? Or is it theoretically even possible to find the page somewhere on the internet , if I open it to anonymous access?

I have this question due to data privacy restrictions & GDPR .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events