Annoyed (again) at terrible copying and pasting. Any improvement in 7.x?

Patrick O_Connell February 13, 2020

sigh

Earlier today, in part of a cluster of related pages, I diverged from the way I had been putting placeholders where I need them (SME consult needed / need to look at my notes / have the info, but just need to figure out how to write it). Why I did is known only to my subconscious.

To re-align things, it meant copying and pasting an Expand macro. And then, because of the "glory" of Confluence, all kinds of hand-waving so that things didn't look terrible.

We're on 6.9.0. Are you as fed up as I am with the absolutely terrible copying and pasting in Confluence?

We aborted an upgrade last year. I know that when we do upgrade, it'll be to 7.x, and I'm hoping that's this year.

Will copying and pasting get better, when we do? I've seen discussion of a new editor, can't remember its name, but I wonder if that's Atlassian actually listening to their customers and making something better. There's always a first time, right?

And maybe that editor's worse, but it's hard to see how it could be.
/rant off

Pat O'Connell
Technical Writer
MindGeek Montreal

P.S. Runs in a browser, so there are limits? MS once implemented multiple Office apps purely in a browser, and did a nice job of it. And for all I know, Office 365 is precisely that, with Chromium somewhere under the hood.

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 14, 2020

@Patrick O_Connell I can't say that I've seen an incredible improvement in this area. :(

As far as the new editor goes, I think that is only planned for Confluence Cloud at this point, and is still pretty early in its development. It improves on a lot but it's feature limited at this point. Not sure if it fixes some of these complaints with copying though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events