Announcements to Users?

Will Confluence allow a proactive announcement of content additions to all users and/or viewers of a page – without the user having to "watch" the page? The less I have to get my users to do the better, but I would still like them to receive content notifications.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Michael,

Confluence can offer three different types of content watcher.

• Page Watcher
  • Space Watcher
  • Blog Watcher

Here they are:

I hope it helps!

Hi Michael,

The only way I know of to have viewers of a page receive notifications not requiring an action on their part, is for an administrator of that space to use the 'Managed Watcher' feature to add them manually.  This is not troublesome for less than a few dozen users, and we use this option frequently.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Managing+Watchers

If we do this, we like to do the courtesy of letting them know - usually via email unless there is a teleconference or webconference with that audience that provides the opportunity - that they have been added as watchers of the particular page and thus will be receiving emails when there are updates (page edits, comments, attachment adds/edits).

I will check this out as a solution, thanks!

0 votes
Davin Studer Community Champion Jun 10, 2015

Another option is to make your change and then user the share feature (see screenshot) to email a group. This wouldn't happen automatically, so it would require you to be on top of it.

image2015-6-10 15:41:44.png

The Share button may just be the ticket, thank you!

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 10, 2015

Don't forget about the Recommended Updates! This can be Daily or Weekly for popular content:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Recommended+Updates+Email+Notification

Thanks I will check it out!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

72 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you