Announcements to Users?

Michael Bond June 10, 2015

Will Confluence allow a proactive announcement of content additions to all users and/or viewers of a page – without the user having to "watch" the page? The less I have to get my users to do the better, but I would still like them to receive content notifications.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2015

Hi Michael,

Confluence can offer three different types of content watcher.

• Page Watcher
  • Space Watcher
  • Blog Watcher

Here they are:

I hope it helps!

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

Don't forget about the Recommended Updates! This can be Daily or Weekly for popular content:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Recommended+Updates+Email+Notification

Michael Bond June 12, 2015

Thanks I will check it out!

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

Another option is to make your change and then user the share feature (see screenshot) to email a group. This wouldn't happen automatically, so it would require you to be on top of it.

image2015-6-10 15:41:44.png

The Share button may just be the ticket, thank you!

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

Hi Michael,

The only way I know of to have viewers of a page receive notifications not requiring an action on their part, is for an administrator of that space to use the 'Managed Watcher' feature to add them manually.  This is not troublesome for less than a few dozen users, and we use this option frequently.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Managing+Watchers

If we do this, we like to do the courtesy of letting them know - usually via email unless there is a teleconference or webconference with that audience that provides the opportunity - that they have been added as watchers of the particular page and thus will be receiving emails when there are updates (page edits, comments, attachment adds/edits).

I will check this out as a solution, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events