Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcements section disappeared after saving

Jessica Dowd April 12, 2022

Hello,

I deleted the text I had in the announcements section, and the entire section disappeared. Can someone assist?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

@Jessica Dowd Welcome to the Atlassian community

I am guessing that you just deleted the whole section on accident and you can get it back one of two ways.

1. You can restore the page to an older version that had the announcement on the page.  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-edit-and-publish-a-page/#Create-edit-andpublish-Pageversionsandhistory

2. Add the announcement back on the page yourself.  I am assuming that your announcement was in a Macro and it was most likely an info panel or something like that (warning panel, success panel, error panel)   You can just click on the macro and add a panel and the content you would like in the announcement.  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-macros/ 

In the future you can always just hit control z or the revert button on the editor in the upper left hand corner as well if you have not closed out of the page.

Jessica Dowd April 13, 2022

Thank you, but I'm referring to the announcement section on the homepage to the right beneath the Spaces section. I am not referring to a page within a space. Does that make sense?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

@Jessica Dowd I got you now.  If you deleted the content so now it is no showing you can access it through the global templates and blue prints.  This can be accessed via the settings in the upper right hand corner.  Once you arrive on that page you will want to scroll all the way to the bottom and edit the default welcome message.

Screenshot 2022-04-13 141013.jpg

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2022

@Jessica Dowd Did that resolve your issue?  If so can you mark it as solved?

Jessica Dowd April 14, 2022

Yes, just did it. Thank you for your help! Do you happen to know if there are other things I can add to the homepage? (e.g. team calendar, etc..)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2022

@Jessica Dowd what is delivered is fairly limited it should have the my calendars section thought.  You can always set it to a space as the default and then you would have more control over the page that everyone lands on.   https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-the-site-homepage/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events