Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anchors Links not communicating when Expand Macro is closed

Yllien Verdes February 23, 2022

Dear Community:

I have been searching the Discussion Boards and Google to find a solution, which seems to have gotten a lot of attention: Links NOT opening to their corresponding Anchors if the referenced section in hidden in a collapsed Expand Macros. 

Seems to me that Confluence has pushed the benefits of using Expand Macros to make Pages look tidy and organized; likewise, Anchors are supposed to aid with complex cross-referencing.  

Honestly, if I thought that I would need to choose between Anchors and Expand Macros, then I would have opted for Anchors.  I need these data to be linked to one another!

Could someone speak to this matter?  All of the existing discussions are rather old.  

Perhaps there's a fix now that we're in 2022 and users have been complaining about this glitch since 2013.

Please!  I would like an experience wherein a user can click a link and be taken to its anchor, irrespective of whether or not all sections of the page are tucked away in Expand Macros or not.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

@Yllien Verdes you need to vote for the enhancement request here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-27357

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events