Allow anonymous users to view status of linked JIRA issues on a Confluence page

I have a page set up with a list of linked JIRA issues, and I want anonymous users to be able to see the status of these issues. When I access the page when I'm logged in, this works fine. If I log out and access the page as an anonymous user, I can see the issue number, but the description and status don't display, and the issue "box" is red instead of blue.

Is there any way to let anonymous Confluence users see issue description/status?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jun 12, 2012

Hi Justin,

if the issues in Jira are protected, you cannot show (and shouldn't show) them to unauthorized users.

That's a security issue.

Best regards

Thomas

Our site is only available internally, so I set the permission scheme to allow anyone to view the issues, and this allowed Confluence users to see the full issue description when I enter a JIRA Issue Link.

What if the JIRA issues are not protected or some are not protected while others are.  Can it at least show the lists of issues that do not have any issue security values? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

982 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you