Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All page tags lost after migration (Server to DC)

Stefano Galati August 26, 2022

Hi there,

I had to import for a client a bunch of spaces from a server instance to a DataCenter and I had a lot of problems with ALL the spaces. Many of these problems are related to macros, others to applications not compatible with Data Center, still others with Blueprint.

Most problematic for us is the fact that all pages have lost their tags, in all spaces.

For the export/import I used the standard built-in procedure and I wonder if this behavior is actually normal (it means having a worse solution built-in in Confluence) or if it is an error and in this case, I would like to know if this is a known issue and if there is a solution/workaround.

Thank you all for helping me

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Stefano Galati, it's definitely not normal. It sounds like you're migrating space by space rather than site import. I've done a bunch of migrations and come across different issues, but not this one in particular. I don't know which phase of your migration you are at, but assuming you don't have a significant delta in content, I'd check logs and reattempt importing the spaces. Have you rebuilt the index from scratch after completing the migrations? Also, what are the versions from source and target? Perhaps, if you share some of the errors you see in the logs would help us to assist you better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events