Agile Ready Tomcat

Christian Borchmann-Backhaus May 14, 2014

Hallo,

runs the Agile Ready suite in one Tomcat or seperated in Confluence and JIRA?

3 answers

0 votes
Christian Borchmann-Backhaus May 15, 2014

Thanks for the info... I will continue with spereate tomcats :-)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2014

Um, actually, NEVER run a Confluence and a Jira in the same Tomcat. It's a pig to get working, unstable, and Atlassian explicitly state you should not do it and they will not support you if you do.

If you really must run two Atlassian apps in the same container, then make sure they're the same app and on similar versions (e.g. two Jira 6.2.x, two Confluence 5.3.x etc)

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

(...) make sure they're the same app and on similar versions (...) - Interesting, I am curious to find out why. Personal experience, docs or something else?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2014

Personal experience.

Different versions of the software need different libraries, but a single container will only load one version. I got burned by Jira 3.6 and 3.7. If you loaded one or the other into the Tomcat, they ran fine. Enable both and you're reaching for database backups in minutes...

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

I suppose you're asking if you need to install JIRA & Confluence in the same Tomcat container or in two Tomcats. I may be outdated, but I do not know what "Agile Ready Suite" means.

I prefer to have separate installs (this way you can better control the mem needed, etc). Plus, when you're taking offline one Tomcat, you do not disrupt the whole thing. The overhead of running them separate (in terms of mem) is approx 64Mb per Tomcat instance, and that's low.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2014

Bit of an aside, but Agile Ready is a bundle of Atlassian apps built and pre-integrated. http://blogs.atlassian.com/2014/05/introducing-agile-ready-atlassian/

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2014

Oh, thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events