After upgrading to Confluence 6.6, sidebar disclosure triangles are gone

Alfredo Jahn April 23, 2018

Our Confluence got upgraded last night. Today, in my sidebar, I can no longer open up sub-pages. For example, The "FWI - Digital Signs" contains many sub-pages. In the older version of Confluence, I was able to click on a disclosure triangle in front of the name. It would open up the sub-pages under it. Now, the only way to see my sub-pages is to click on "FWI - Digital Signs", which loads the page (which I don't like). Is there a setting to turn the disclosure triangles back on?

sidebar-confluence.png

Also, there is no easy way to tell if an item has sup-pages below it. There does not appear to be an indicator to let you know.

1 answer

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2018

I am on 6.6.1 and I also show parent level pages like this. We don't normally run this navigation view; instead we use page tree.

Try this:  Space tools, configure side bar, navigation display options = page tree.

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2018

This can at least be a work around until it is (or is not) addressed in a future release.

Alfredo Jahn April 23, 2018

Thanks for the help. I don't see a way to configure the sidebar. I see "Space tools", but there is no "configure sidebar". Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

space tools.png

Thanks

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2018

You need to be a space admin to access different configurations.

admin.jpg

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2018

If you have a personal space, you can see how it works there. Also, was that a global change in your environment, or just on one space?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events