Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgraded our Jira node to 7.2 how can we sync Jira with confluence 2.2

Chen Touboul January 28, 2018

1. I upgrade my Jira 6.1.1 to 7.2.
what is the best way to upgrae 6.11 to 7.2 ?

2. What is the right way to sync Confluence 2.2.2   with Jira 7.2?
do i have to change Confluance version...

Please Help :)

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2018

You should upgrade Jira to 6.4, then 7.0 then 7.2 - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html

I am not sure what you mean by "sync" - you'll need to explain that.  But I suspect you mean link them together so they can exchange some information such as issue reports.  Confluence 2 is far too old to integrate with Jira 7.  You should upgrade that to a supported version.

0 votes

Hi Nic, 
Thanks for your replay, i'm really happy that you are here :)
The issue is that the guy that i replaced (i'm the new guy) upgradeded Jira 6.1.1 to jira 6.4 and than to Jira 7.2.4 than i got into it and started to explore if that upgrade is the best (btw:i saw the 7.0 Ver' that Atlassian ask to upgrade from an old versions). 
My first question and most important , correct me if i'm wrong:
Is it the right way to upgrade 6.1.1 to 6.4 and than upgrade to 7.2.4?

The second question i have is that we have a pretty old Confluance 2.3.3 (not like i said before..).
Since the last try to connect Confluence 2.3.3 with Jira 7.2.4 make a security issue but not explore enough yet to see if that cause from the versios gap..
maybe you can bring more light about that as well or at list tell me whats the best way to connect Confluence 2.33 to Jira 7.2.4.

and last one if i can what in your opinion is the most stable version today?

Regards,
Chen :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2018

No, as I said, it's 6.4 to 7.0 to 7.2, and yes you need to upgrade Confluence.  All the versions on the download list are stable, so I'd simply go for the latest one.

Thanks a lot Nic, for your clear answer.

Cheers,

Chen Touboul February 19, 2018

Hi Nic, 

I have a question to ask cause i'm in the adge of this issue / process :)

When i started working in my company, Jira server was already  7.2.4.

The history of our Jira server was 6.1.1 (agile+core) and now its 7.2.4.

I know its upgraded through 6.4 but not know if its goes through 7.0.0

My question is how can i know if the upgrade of this Jira goes trough 7.0. version.

Right know all looks good in 7.2.4  but i wonder if:

a. There is an option to know (i don't know) if 7.2.4 upgraded through 7.0.0 version 
    lets say...by some file or a something that i can check to approve that fact?

b. If all looks good now what could be the impact for now/future in case that the guy before me didn't upgrade through 7.0.0

c.  Is it coast money to upgrade from 7.2.4 to the new latest version?
someone told me that from 7.5 version we'll need to pay for license...is that correct?

Regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events