After upgrade, how do I change all bullets back to left-justified instead of centered?

Kathleen Morse July 18, 2013
After upgrading to Confluence 5.1, all bullets on all pages are now centered instead of left-justified. What do I do to get them back to left-justified?

3 answers

0 votes
Bimmel April 17, 2014

We're in the same boat too. The source of the bullet list element centering is coming from the user agent stylesheet.

li {
  display: list-item;
  text-align: -webkit-match-parent;
}

Our fix was to add a CSS rule to the footer of the page that changes the text-align from match-parent to initial.

0 votes
Kathleen Morse July 30, 2013

I don't believe we have any customization for this.

Lisa Rahder July 30, 2013

When you highlight the bullets in edit mode, do they show up as being left-justified in the formatting bar?

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

Hi Kathleen,

It usually happens because of some customization on your Confluence side. Check if there any CSS created for your Confluence on Confluence Admin > Stylesheet and Confluence Admin > Layout. You might have already some code that's causing this, or you might force the bullets to be left by using a new CSS (in case you don't have customizations to be changed).

Here is an example that might help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9018686/how-can-i-make-a-centered-left-aligned-variable-width-bullet-list-with-css

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events