After upgrade, how do I change all bullets back to left-justified instead of centered?

After upgrading to Confluence 5.1, all bullets on all pages are now centered instead of left-justified. What do I do to get them back to left-justified?

3 answers

Hi Kathleen,

It usually happens because of some customization on your Confluence side. Check if there any CSS created for your Confluence on Confluence Admin > Stylesheet and Confluence Admin > Layout. You might have already some code that's causing this, or you might force the bullets to be left by using a new CSS (in case you don't have customizations to be changed).

Here is an example that might help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9018686/how-can-i-make-a-centered-left-aligned-variable-width-bullet-list-with-css

Cheers!

I don't believe we have any customization for this.

When you highlight the bullets in edit mode, do they show up as being left-justified in the formatting bar?

We're in the same boat too. The source of the bullet list element centering is coming from the user agent stylesheet.

li {
  display: list-item;
  text-align: -webkit-match-parent;
}

Our fix was to add a CSS rule to the footer of the page that changes the text-align from match-parent to initial.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

812 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you