• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • After upgrade from 3.5.17 to 4.3.7 wiki markup is not rendering in user macro. And second question is, is it possible to fix replace and render in 4.3.7 version in atlassian-plugin.xml?

After upgrade from 3.5.17 to 4.3.7 wiki markup is not rendering in user macro. And second question is, is it possible to fix replace and render in 4.3.7 version in atlassian-plugin.xml?

After upgrade from 3.5.17 to 4.3.7 wiki markup is not rendering in user macro. And second question is, is it possible to fix replace and render in 4.3.7 version in atlassian-plugin.xml?

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Aleksejs,

Since Confluence 4.x, the storage format have been migrated from Wiki Markup to XHTML as you can see in this upgrade note. This is why the wikimarkup will no longer render in your user macro. You can refer to this documentation " writing user macros " for more infomation.

Hi Jing,

may be do you know workaround. I will exaplain more in detail what I am doing.

As format storage is changed with new version of confluence and all user macros not working anymore I decided to create plugin which replace all user macros. I defiened user macros in atlassian-plugin.xml and they work fine apart of replace and render <![CDATA["unmigrated-inline-wiki-markup"]].

Second problem is: My button user macro is working but if in the body is wiki markup then it is not going to be rendered and I see button and inside just wiki markup, I can fix it manually, but I have 100s if not 1000s of pages. So could somebody help me?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,896 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you