After update to 9.1 I selected to use old dashboard. How to switch back to new one?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence 5.9 Release Notes

After update to 9.1 I selected to use old dashboard. How to switch back to new one?

9 answers

1 accepted

Here is the solution.

I successfully returned to new dashboard after performing this steps:

• # mysql -p
  • mysql> use confluence;
  • mysql>

delete from OS_PROPERTYENTRY where entity_key ='user.features.enabled' OR entity_key ='confluence.user.runtime.recent-changes.size' OR entity_key='confluence.macros.dashboard.selected.tab';

Query OK, 56 rows affected (0.08 sec)

• mysql> exit
  • # /etc/init.d/confluence restart

• update confluence web page and login again

Thank you! Works for me too on Microsoft SQL Server.

Same question. And have already heard the same question from others in my org.

And where does the "feedback" go? And how can on-prem customers remove this option?

Same question, any ideas?

Just found a solution for my problem.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF50/Customising+the+Getting+Started+Guide+on+the+Dashboard

and then follow section "The default getting-started section" (reset default for global layout).

It doesn't help. I edited Global Layout, removed all code and saved, then I got nothing on my dashboard. Then I used Reset to Default, but dashboar stayed with old style.

My first idea was to return to backup and upgrade again but it's not a good idea. I've created support ticked to Atlassian in same time I posted question here. Still waiting for reply from them. I believe this glitch will be fixed in next release.

Same question, any updates?

My request status changed to Atlassian Investigating. 25/Nov/15 11:31 AM

There is a knowledge base article that describes the steps to re-enable the new dashboard.
See How to reenable the new dashboard in Confluence 5.9 for that.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

355 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you