After update to 9.1 I selected to use old dashboard. How to switch back to new one?

Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence 5.9 Release Notes

After update to 9.1 I selected to use old dashboard. How to switch back to new one?

9 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2015

Here is the solution.

I successfully returned to new dashboard after performing this steps:

• # mysql -p
  • mysql> use confluence;
  • mysql>

delete from OS_PROPERTYENTRY where entity_key ='user.features.enabled' OR entity_key ='confluence.user.runtime.recent-changes.size' OR entity_key='confluence.macros.dashboard.selected.tab';

Query OK, 56 rows affected (0.08 sec)

• mysql> exit
  • # /etc/init.d/confluence restart

• update confluence web page and login again

Michel Dermont November 25, 2015

Thank you! Works for me too on Microsoft SQL Server.

0 votes
Deleted user August 31, 2016

There is a knowledge base article that describes the steps to re-enable the new dashboard.
See How to reenable the new dashboard in Confluence 5.9 for that.

0 votes
Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2015

My request status changed to Atlassian Investigating. 25/Nov/15 11:31 AM

0 votes
Michel Dermont November 25, 2015

Same question, any updates?

0 votes
Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2015

My first idea was to return to backup and upgrade again but it's not a good idea. I've created support ticked to Atlassian in same time I posted question here. Still waiting for reply from them. I believe this glitch will be fixed in next release.

0 votes
Daniel Vehof November 24, 2015

Just found a solution for my problem.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF50/Customising+the+Getting+Started+Guide+on+the+Dashboard

and then follow section "The default getting-started section" (reset default for global layout).

Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2015

It doesn't help. I edited Global Layout, removed all code and saved, then I got nothing on my dashboard. Then I used Reset to Default, but dashboar stayed with old style.

0 votes
Daniel Vehof November 24, 2015

Same question, any ideas?

0 votes
Tim Colson November 24, 2015

And where does the "feedback" go? And how can on-prem customers remove this option?

0 votes
Michael_Coxe November 24, 2015

Same question. And have already heard the same question from others in my org.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events