Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After sharing a page in Confluence the data hangs on to it

Srikanth Kola June 12, 2017

After I click share button on a confluence page, the user data just stays there after sharing.

share.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2017

I don't think this is necessarily a bug rather maube just a usability issue. One thing to note in the most recent versions (6.0+) the share feature has changed entirely, so even if you submit a feature request to Atlassian it would not go anywhere as they have changed the functionality entirely (for the worse in my opinion). The new functionality is that they just present you with a short url that you can copy and paste into you own email program and send yourself.

Capture.PNG

Update: So, I'm a goob. See my response after Ann's. The reason I didn't see the message section is becasue I removed the mail server setup for my test instance. :)

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2017

On my Confluence 6.2.x test instance the Add People field appeared after I configured an email server:

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 2.43.22 PM.png

But my Cloud instance looks like Davin's.

If you are hosting your own Confluence, please try reindexing from this guide: Content Index Administration and if that doesn't work, rebuilding the content indexes from scratch as described in How to Rebuild the Content Indexes From Scratch on Confluence Server

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2017

Ah ... that must be why I don't see it ... I removed the mail server from my test instance. It was actualyl kinda troubling to me to not see the message box. :) Good to know. Thanks.

Srikanth Kola June 14, 2017

Thanks guys

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events