Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After restoring Confluence OnDemand to hosted, how to set up a system administrator user?

darcfinn November 13, 2013

I have restored my Confluence OnDemand backup onto a hosted Confluence 5.3.1 system. I followed the recommendations given by Atlassian (from OnDemand Admin console - Backup Manager - Going to a Self-Hosted Instance). Thereafter I followed the recommendations in "Restoring a site" (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+a+Site).

The restore went smoothly. After logging in again I could see all the content was come in, but links were not working due to the base url was set to localhost:8080 by the restore. I needed to change to base url to the correct server address and port. However, to do this you need to be a system administrator. On the OnDemand instances you are not allowed to set up your own system administrator, presumably for security reasons.

So - I'm in a deadlock here..!

My admin user is neither part of the confluence-administrator or the system-administrator role!

How can I make my admin user part of these groups, on a hosted solution?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
StevenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

Hi Dagfinn,

By log in Confluence using exsiting sysadmin account, you can also grant system administrator right to other users by reconfigring the global permissions.

Best Regards,

Steven

1 vote
darcfinn November 13, 2013

What I missed was the information about the default system admin user sysadmin / sysadmin. This is automatically added, it seems. By logging in with this user I was able to change the base url, of course. My bad.

0 votes
darcfinn November 20, 2013

Unfortunately, you don't get a sysadmin user with OnDemand. It is only available on the self-hosted version, because Atlassian don't want anyone to have access to advanced settings in the administration page that may harm or influence the stability of yours and other instances of Confluence OnDemand.

0 votes
trish edwards November 19, 2013

Hi Steven,

We have OnDemand and there *is* no sysadmin that we were given. How can I get one?

Thanks!

Trish

darcfinn November 20, 2013

Unfortunately, you don't get a sysadmin user with OnDemand. It is only available on the self-hosted version, because Atlassian don't want anyone to have access to advanced settings in the administration page that may harm or influence the stability of yours and other instances of Confluence OnDemand.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events