After copying the jar file for ODBC driver, Atlassian no longer starts

Wiki Admin November 15, 2017

The backend database is MySQL 5.5 for the deployment. Database created with no problem according to the instruction. The initial wizard was able to kick off nicely. However, after copying the JDBC jar file into the installation folder, the configuration page no longer resolves.

//localhost:8090 now returns the following error. I have used RUN AS ADMIN to run the installer instead of my personal account.

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
    at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)

caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
    at com.atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext.getComponent(SpringContainerContext.java:48)

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Hi Brian,

I just posted an answer to a similar question, We have error on confluence install. Please advice to us.

Please see: Confluence does not start due to Spring Application context has not been set

The error is usually caused by file system permissions but can also be caused by database driver or other issues.

If you are installing Confluence 6.5, MySQL 5.6.16 is the oldest version supported, so you may run into other issues if you continue to use MySQL 5.5. Our Supported Platforms page has more details.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events