Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a page save, all links in the page replaced with the saved page link

MDA September 28, 2017

Hi,

It saw it three times now. After editing a page, all links (referring to other pages or users) within the page was replaced by the same link which was to the saved page (itself!).  The following is a snapshot of the received email that display the one of the changes. These usernames were replaced automatically after clicking on the save button. And that's the same for all other link in this page, i.e. all replaced by a link to the page that was edited.

IssueConfluence_LinkReplacedAutomatically_2.PNG

Setup: Confluence 6.0.3, Postgres 9.5.6

This is an important issue since you are not sure if you page will be automatically corrupted after a page save. Did not find any related subject so far.

Regards,

Guillaume

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hello, Guillaume,

I was able to find this reported in CONFSERVER-53275 which was merged with the official bug report in:

You should be able to avoid the situation by temporarily disabling Collaborative editing.

The issue is showing as related to this other bug: CONFSERVER-52060 and so if you recently changed the base URL in Confluence it could have triggered the problem.

If you vote on the above bug, it can help show the developers how many users are running into the problem. Please also feel free to watch the case in order to be updated on any progress. Let me know if you have any questions.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events