Advanced Macros plugin breaks when I updated from Confluence 4.3.7 - 5.2.5

Bryanne Leeming October 16, 2013

I updated to 5.2.5 this morning and the Blog Posts, Gallery, and a few other macros were broken from the Advanced Macros plugin.

Looking at the plugin in our Plugin Manager showed it to be disabled (grey text instead of black), but opening its dropdown had no other information. There was no way to enable it again.

Does it depend on another plugin? We had to rollback and need a fix for this problem as soon as possible.

1 answer

0 votes
HosseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

Hi,

Make sure the version of your Advanced Macros plugin is 2.3.1 as the compatible version of this plugin for confluence 5.2.5 is Advanced macros version 2.3.1.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/confluence.macros.advanced/versions

Bryanne Leeming October 16, 2013

Hi Hossein Toussi,

I just checked and that is definitely what the problem was. We had an old version of Advanced Macro and the Support Tools Plugin as well. My question now is, last week we did a practice update on our dev environment and everything worked fine. Why did it break on our prod environment and not on dev?

Also, what is a good way of finding out which plugins need updates before we upgrade our entire instance? I was using the Upgrade Check option on the Manage Add-Ons page to tell me exactly which plugins needed to be updated and neither of those two plugins were on the list at all. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events