Additional login required when Confluence redirect to Jira

Pangianto Pang November 7, 2012

Hi all,

I have a Confluence page which shows the filter of JIRA project using macro. Upon clicking on the issue link, it will bring me to the JIRA. However, the login will be required again in the JIRA to view the issue even i have configured the trusted application between them two.

The user with the same user exists in both of the applications. I have been thinking it would be good if no login additional login is required in the JIRA upon going to the JIRA issue.

JIRA used is in 4.2.3 version and Confluence is 4.2.8.

Is this possible to be done?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Trusted application doesn't guarantee Single Sign ON. If you need SSO, you need to look at Crowd.

Trusted application will let you see that issue and its details in Confluence but when you go to JIRA, it is a different application and needs a different login.

Pangianto Pang November 7, 2012

Actually what i want to do is changing the status of the issue from the confluence. Thinking that; if do not need login in jira since Confluence is already logged in, the changing status can be done manually at the JIRA with linking provided in the Confluence.

So is there anyway to change status of jira issue from the Confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events