cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding watchers / restrictions without going to tools

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2013

Hi,

Confluence admin/space admin can add watchers/restrictions in the tool section.

With out going to tools section, can we add watchers/restrictions on the page ? if yes , how can we do this.

Thanks in advance..

3 answers

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2013

Ex: I am creating a meeting notes page, where i will mention the attendees. Only for those attendees i want to give view/edit permission on the meeting notes. As well as i want to add them as watches for that page.

In the current scenario , i have add the same user list 3-4 times.

• once for adding as attendees
  • for restricting edit/view permissions
  • for adding as watchers.

I hope you understand my scenario. please let me know if you need more details.

0 votes
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 25, 2013

You may elaborate further on your specific use-case or requirements so everyone is clear on what kind of alternative options you're looking for.

0 votes
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 25, 2013

If I understand your question correctly:

When you edit any Confluence page, right at the bottom left of the edit page you should have an edit restrictions button.

On any confluence page as well, just next to the edit button there's a watch button to manage watchers.

You can also find keyboard shortcuts to edit and manage watchers here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Keyboard+Shortcuts

Are you looking for other options apart from these very obvious and convenient ones?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events