cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding user with "domain\user" in confluence is ignoring "\"

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2015

Hi

I have configured user authenticate with domain users. Actually the AD configuration in JIRA and then we configured users to take from JIRA in confluence. Even I did the synchronize both JIRA and Confluence.

When I am adding user with domain\user then backslash is getting ignore. example: xyz is domain abc is user so I am adding the user xyz\abc in confluence in individual but its not able to add the user. Its showing error message as xyzabc user did not find in user directory. see xyzabc ignored backslash that is the reason its not finding the user. I am able to add the users in Jira, stash and Bamboo with same configuration. Facing issue with confluence only. My confluence version is 5.8.13

Does any one have any idea?

1 answer

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2015

Hey Omprakash,

Even if you try to create an internal user in Confluence with the backslash character, the following error message will appear:

• "Usernames cannot contain the characters '+', ',', '\', '<', '>', ', or "."

I also found this bug saying that if the username has the forwardslash character, will cause problems too:

May I ask you if the problem happens in JIRA too? Or is it just in Confluence?

Cheers,

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2015

Hi, We did not see this problem with Jira , Stash and Bamboo. Only with Confluence. Yes, Its a bug. I opened the atlassian support ticket. They also confirmed its bug. Waiting for work around or fix for this. We can not use confluence completely as all user authentications are having the problem with \ . Thanks, Om

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events