Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding rich tables

Michael_Kribus March 31, 2020

I've pasted a table from google docs to a page and got this nice table feature.

How can I add such one myself?

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 16.39.44.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2020

Hello Michael,

Happy you like the table toolbar in our editor! You'll see this menu if you add a table to a page when using the legacy editor.

If you select the Insert Table option from your editor menu, you'll be able to insert a table which will include that toolbar.

CleanShot 2020-04-02 at 14.51.35.png

After inserting the table:

CleanShot 2020-04-02 at 14.50.25.png

Note that this feature is only in the legacy editor. If you create a page in our new editor, you won't have this toolbar option. You can ensure that your new page is created in the legacy editor by using this template option (you may have to show all templates in order to see it):

CleanShot 2020-04-02 at 14.50.10.png

If you want to see a similar feature in the new editor, please vote on and follow these feature requests:

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

Michael_Kribus April 10, 2020

I'm confused - how can I get the toolbar to format a table?

is the formatting toolbar relevant for the old version?

How can I use the new editor version?

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.06.56.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.07.14.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2020

Hello Michael,

From your example, it looks like you're on our new editor, which I mentioned doesn't yet have this feature. You'll need to create a new page using the Legacy editor page template. If you do not have this template, you'll need to contact Support to have it enabled for your site.

Regarding the screenshot you shared, a table in Confluence is not a separate macro. You can see in this screenshot that I shared where you go to create a new table:

CleanShot 2020-04-02 at 14.51.35.png

Let me know if that's clear, or if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events