Adding custom information (metadata) to Confluence Spaces

Scott Savarese November 16, 2017

I'm looking to add metadata to my spaces. In particular I want to add an owner. I know that Spaces don't have an "owner" It is really just who has admin access to the Space and there can be more than one of those. So I was thinking about using the Description field. Maybe add a line in it that says "Owner: myuser". Then in my custom macros, I'd use Velocity languange to split out the field and the value and display it.

What are people's thoughts on this? Is there a better way to do this? What do other people do?

1 answer

0 votes
Giao Ton August 12, 2020

Hi Scott, 

Can you please show me where the Description field is ? I'm looking for it but haven't found one. Thanks. Giao

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2020

You can find the description for a space by clicking on the cog icon (lower left) which opens the "Space tools" (Confluence server).

In the "Overview" (click first item on the Space tools menu), then on the tab "Space Details" click on "Edit Space Details" to change the description.

You need to have sufficient privileges to access the space tools.

Here is more information:

Colm Maguire March 23, 2022

So if the user is admin of the space is already known by the system, what advantage do you get in adding an owner to the meta data ? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events