Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding confluence to Slack

Katri Kivilaid January 19, 2022

We are thinking of connecting our Slack with Confluence, which our agents are using for mainly getting information about procedures used in their everyday work. As our Slack is used by the whole company, the question would be if I connect them, will every department have access to the Confluence content or will the access of the sites stay the same as we have at the moment for the pages in Confluence? 
For e.g. Person A has access to confluence page Z, Person B has access to page X. Will it stay the same? Or will Person A have access also to page X and person B to page Z? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

@Katri Kivilaid welcome to Confluence and great question!

Connecting Slack and Confluence will allow alerts from Confluence to be displayed in select Slack channels. Even if a user is in a channel and sees that PageA was updated in a message, if they don't have permissions to access that page in Confluence, they will not be able to navigate to it with the link.

So this may expose names of pages to users without access, it will not in any way change their access settings.

Katri Kivilaid January 19, 2022

Thank you very much @Andy Gladstone that was exactly what I was hoping for :) 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

@Katri Kivilaid If my answer helped you, please mark it accepted to help other users find it when experiencing similar challenges.

Kevin R Moist January 26, 2022

Connecting Slack and Confluence, can this be controlled on per space basis? For example I would only want connecting Slack and Confluence to specific spaces or to only public spaces or only private spaces.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2022

Yes. This is controlled on a per-space basis. It is configured using the Space settings.

Capture12.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events