Adding a space watch/unwatch link to pages

Liam Jones November 15, 2012

Is there some way I can surface a watch/unwatch space link in page content rather than making the user go to Browse -> Advanced?

My first thought, after built-in macros, was the link-to macro but that doesn't seem to have space watch/unwatch as an available target.

It looks like this might be possible via a user macro and velocity but I've never used velocity before and I'm having trouble working out how I'm going to do this.

Any pointers or existing solutions for this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2012

Hi,

I did some quick tests on a 4.3.2 Confluence instance and basically if you go to Space Admin > Layout > Page Layout for example, you can use this code to display a watch icon:

<div class="entity-watching" data-entity-id="$spaceKey" data-entity-type="space">

<a class="icon icon-stop-watching" title="Stop watching this space">Stop watching this space</a>

<a class="icon icon-start-watching hidden" title="Start watching this space">Start watching this space</a>

<span class="icon icon-wait hidden"></span>

</div>

I hope this helps,

Peter

Liam Jones November 22, 2012

Thanks Peter. Doesn't quite work as-is for me since I need in in specific pages rather than across the whole space but certainly gets me 90% of the way there. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events