Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a group to a sapce in Confluence

Suzanne Hachem December 13, 2018

Hello To all,

I'm a site admin and we have JIRA and confluence on cloud. Someone asked me to create  a new space for them in Confluence which I did, and then I went to the jira user management and created a group, with the list of needed users to this space, to whom I gave access to confluence too. Afterwards, I went into the space I created and went into space settings to manage the space authorization, by adding the new group I just created. What is weird is when I start typing the group name, it's recognized and proposed to me. So I select it and then ask to add the group to the space. And this is when I have a message saying : The user XXXX could not be found. Confirm the existence of the group with a Confluence administrator. Am I missing anything between the group creation in the admin console user management to linking it to the space I created in confluence? What is also weird is that the error message is referring to a user and not a group. I checked and I'm creating it in the groups authorizations. If i try adding another group it works. But this new group it doesn't... P.S : my space has the exact name as my group. Do you think this is causing the problem? Thank you for your help

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2018

Suzanne,

What's the name of the group you created? Is it possible there's any whitespace in it?

I suspect it could be this bug, but I'd like more information about the situation.

Regards,

Shannon

Suzanne Hachem December 21, 2018

Hello Shannon,

Thank you for your reply. So yes it's definitely the bug you referred to above! I had a space in the created group name. When i removed the space it worked! I didn't think it was due to the space, i thought it was for the same space and group name issue. But this is good to know for the future :)

Thanx again.

Suzanne

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2018

Suzanne,

Great, thank you for confirming that! Please make sure to vote on the bug (this shows how many users are affected) and comment there with your findings. If you watch it, you'll be updated when this is fixed.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events