Adding a Confluence Macro Removes other content

Jeet G May 24, 2017

Hello,

I have a few users having an issue editing confluence pages which they've created. They want to use the JIRA macros available. However, when they select the macro, enter a filter, and select insert- the confluence page's sections are all removed in place of the new macro.

This issue was initially noticed on a Windows 7 machine running IE 11. I attempted to replicate the issue on an macOS Sierra both in Chrome (latest) and Firefox (latest) to no avail. Also, I had tried another Windows machine in Chrome (latest)- with a failure to reproduce the error.

I have had the affected users to close all IE windows and try again, log out/in , and a combination of the two. Yet the issue persists with these Windows 7 IE 11 Users.

See attached images for more info.image001.jpgimage002.jpgimage003.jpgAs you can see in image 2, the user has some existing content in the background and multiple sections with different types of content (text, table, oher macros).

Image 3 is the result of entering in the macro with the desired JQL.

1 answer

0 votes
Saurabh Gupta May 25, 2017

Check the console of IE when performing the same steps again. If it generates error doing the same, then it is a bug. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events