Adding Prefix/Postfix to all Page titles in a directory structure

Mark Stephan March 10, 2021

The SITUATION:

So we merged with a company and need to merge their confluence knowledge base with ours, so we have one KB to rule them all. 

Sadly, they made every version of a product in their own space. We have all of our KB on one space, so I need to migrate all their spaces into our one space KB.

THE PROBLEM:

Every space they have has all the pages of the same name. They simply duplicated the space, made edits to it, and named the space that version. Interesting way to do it, but not how we want to do it. We give clients access to only one space.

As we know, confluence needs to have Unique Page titles. (ugh). I exported the Spaces to be migrated to XML, imported it to my Confluence. But I cannot move the pages to the space that is our KB because the names conflict with pages with the same name.

THE NEED:

How do I en-masse at a PREFIX/POSTFiX to all the pages i.e. the version number. So page title, "Features Guide" would become "Features Guide 4.0.2.1" thus making it unique and representing the version. 

I have 15 spaces to convert and over 100 pages in each space that would need to be renamed, so manual isn't something I want to do. 

Thoughts?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hi @Mark Stephan , welcome on the community. I think you can use Copy function.

When you use Copy on parent page, following dialog is displayed (in second step):

Selection_161.png

So you can at add "Prefix" when you use Start titles with field...

Mark Stephan March 10, 2021

OMG, you're awesome and saved me a life of manual frustration! Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events