Adding Jira Calendar Gadget

We have a trusted application link between our jira and our confluence instance. The jira issue macro works just fine in our confluence instance so I know the application link works.

I have added the jira gadget feed to our confluence instance. In the macro selector I see the jira calendar gadget show up and a couple of other gadgets from jira show up. However when I try to add the calendar gadget all that shows up in the preview pane is a loading bar.

I have also whitelisted the jira url and specifically added the calendar gadget to gadget specifications. They all produce the same loading bar and nothing happens.

Jira: v4.4#649-r158309
Confluence: 4.2.12

And advice is appreciated

1 answer

Hi Tom,

It can be a network problem, so this is the first thing to investigate.

Things that you can check:

* BaseURL - check if the BaseURL set in both, Jira and Confluence are the same URL used to access the applications.

* Check if they are using the proper ports

* Check if there is a proxy between Jira and Confluence

Hope it helps

updated the jira base url but still no love. Ports look right. There is no proxy between them.

I've got a ticket open with Atlassian, I'll try to remember to update when we have it resolved.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

72 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you