Adding A User To The "System-Administrators" Group

Zebadiah Ramos October 19, 2017

Hello!

I just recently completed the local install of Confluence, and I'm running into problems setting up our SMTP server for notifications. The issue is due to not having System Administration access (Currently no account is listed as having System Administrator access).

Are there any queries that I can run against the DB to verify that no on is in that group? If no one is in the group is there a query I can run that will add an existing user to the group?

Thank you for all of the help and please let me know if more information is needed!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2017

Hello Mikael,

I tried going through this earlier, but I'm running into an issue after executing the below query.

update cwd_user set credential =
'x61Ey612Kl2gpFL56FT9weDnpSo4AV8j8+qx2AuTHdRyY036xxzTTrw10Wq3+4qQyB+XURPWx1ONxp3Y3pB37A=='
where id=1212121;

After running the query I attempt to login using username "admin" and the password "admin", but I'm receiving an incorrect password error and I'm also asked to type out a word now when attempting to log in. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2017

Is your Confluence instance connected to AD or are you just using an internal user directory. If you are using multiple, did you do the step where it moved the internal directory to be first?

Currently I'm just using the internal directory. It is linked to Jira Service Desk though, which is using Active Directory for authentication (not sure if this has any effect on Confluence authentication though).

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2017

The application link should not have any effect to the authentication.

When you run the query to identify the administrator now, does it show that the admin is active? And before you added the admin, was Confluence stopped?

It does show the admin as active, however I didn't stop Confluence before making the change so I'm sure that has something to do with it. 

Zebadiah Ramos October 23, 2017

Mikael,

The second link you sent me got us squared away. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events