Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added view and edit restriciton to blog post, but the affected users cannot edit the post.

DIGIT CITnet February 23, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Restrictions

I have created a new blog-post and added some view/edit restrictions to it. But the users who are restricted are not able to edit the post.

It works fine with page restrictions.

Any idea about this behaviour?

1 answer

1 vote
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2016

We see this question come up in our company and the common reason is they don't have appropriate rights in Space Permissions. They need Blog>Add rights to be able to edit a blog post, the page restrictions naming simply narrows down whom amongst all with such rights in the space can actually do it on a given page. Does that help? See more:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/space-permissions-overview-139521.html

DIGIT CITnet February 23, 2016

Well, I created the post in the wrong space where the users does not have the add permission... user error.

Anyway, thanks for your quick answer smile

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2016

Ha, no worries. It is often that I am the one that is 'the problem between the seat and the keyboard'. We are all guilty of that at one time or another.  smile 

One request if you are so inclined...to help signal that the answer provided is correct for the question, can you click the 'Accept Answer' checkmark?

Cheers,
Tom

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events