It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Added my colleague to view and edit but he still sees that page is restricted

Hi, I added my colleague to the group who can view and edit my pages. I see the person was added to the list. However, he keeps getting same message " This is a restricted page" .

Any advise? Thanks 

1 answer

Hi @Nataliya Bershova

Make sure the user has View permission in the whole space.

Go to space setting > Space Permission > Grant View permission to user/group.

If you want him/her to be able to edit the page, you should check the Add Page permission too.

Also, check the parent page, if a parent page is restricted, the child page inherits the view restriction.

@Parvaneh Zand, if I give view permission to a person in the Space, does it mean by default, s/he will be able to view all pages in the space unless a specific page has literally restricted some person to view only?

Yes exactly! He will see all unrestricted pages unless they have a restricted parent page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,532 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you