Added my colleague to view and edit but he still sees that page is restricted

Nataliya Bershova April 14, 2020

Hi, I added my colleague to the group who can view and edit my pages. I see the person was added to the list. However, he keeps getting same message " This is a restricted page" .

Any advise? Thanks 

1 answer

1 vote
Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2020

Hi @Nataliya Bershova

Make sure the user has View permission in the whole space.

Go to space setting > Space Permission > Grant View permission to user/group.

If you want him/her to be able to edit the page, you should check the Add Page permission too.

Also, check the parent page, if a parent page is restricted, the child page inherits the view restriction.

Nataliya Bershova April 14, 2020

Thank you! 

Vickey Lee April 14, 2020

@Parvaneh Zand, if I give view permission to a person in the Space, does it mean by default, s/he will be able to view all pages in the space unless a specific page has literally restricted some person to view only?

Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2020

Yes exactly! He will see all unrestricted pages unless they have a restricted parent page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events