Added a second LDAP directory to Confluence and everyone's being asked to create a space

Miles Hayler April 11, 2017

We are in the process of migrating our Confluence logins from one domain to another.

I have added the new LDAP directory and am fixing up permissions and testing before we disable the first, original directory.

Whenever I try to log in as any user on the new directory, I am given the wizard to set up Confluence and create a space. (Meet Michael Jordan, one of our basketballer test accounts!)

Screenshot from 2017-04-12 15-45-00.pngObviously, come cutover day, I don't want to have 350 new spaces to have to delete, and was wondering why this is occuring? Is there a setting somewhere or a flag I've missed?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2020

@Miles Hayler   This behavior  is  working correctly, because when you  add  a new additional directory  to  Confluence,   these directories are treated separately and  in fact, in the database the user tables are not the same. More also you have the Skip link

Kind regards,

Mo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events