Add personal notes

Rosario De Domenico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2016

I would like to add some personal notes to confluence pages. That is, some text that is only visible to my-self.

An essential requirement is to be able to search these notes via the space search.

What is the best way of doing this?

EDIT

I checked the two suggestions given so far and I need to extend my list of requirements...

• These notes shall be invisible for everybody, including when the page is exported to PDF / Word
  • It is not a security issue, but a layout issue... it does not matter if someone else sees these notes, but these are like personal notes on the side of a book... so not nice to see all-the-time
  • Also to my-self the notes shall be hidden when accessing the page and only visible "on demand", ideally with a single "show notes" control (that is visible only to me and not exported)

The Visibility macro proposed is interesting (and free!) but the documentation is limited.

The Talk add-on macro would be too expansive.

Currently I am simply including these comments in an invisible div macro, but:

• this shows up when exporting to PDF or Word
  • requires to modify the table of content macro to exclude the headings in such a div.

2 answers

1 vote
Kate _izi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 14, 2016

Hi Rosario,

You can use the Talk add-on. It allows restricting individual discussions or all inline comments in a space. Using Confluence search you can search all talks by commenter to find those created by you. However there is no search query to find only restricted talks. So you create both restricted and not restricted talks, your search results will include them all.

Kind regards,

Katerina Kolina

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

Try the Visibility macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events