I would like to add some personal notes to confluence pages. That is, some text that is only visible to my-self.

An essential requirement is to be able to search these notes via the space search.

What is the best way of doing this?

EDIT

I checked the two suggestions given so far and I need to extend my list of requirements...

• These notes shall be invisible for everybody, including when the page is exported to PDF / Word
  • It is not a security issue, but a layout issue... it does not matter if someone else sees these notes, but these are like personal notes on the side of a book... so not nice to see all-the-time
  • Also to my-self the notes shall be hidden when accessing the page and only visible "on demand", ideally with a single "show notes" control (that is visible only to me and not exported)

The Visibility macro proposed is interesting (and free!) but the documentation is limited.

The Talk add-on macro would be too expansive.

Currently I am simply including these comments in an invisible div macro, but:

• this shows up when exporting to PDF or Word
  • requires to modify the table of content macro to exclude the headings in such a div.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Rosario,

You can use the Talk add-on. It allows restricting individual discussions or all inline comments in a space. Using Confluence search you can search all talks by commenter to find those created by you. However there is no search query to find only restricted talks. So you create both restricted and not restricted talks, your search results will include them all.

Kind regards,

Katerina Kolina

This widget could not be displayed.

Try the Visibility macro.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

398 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you