Add labels to existing template

Galen Elfert January 5, 2016

When I create a new template there is a label button at the bottom to add labels. 

When I try to edit an existing template this button is not there, and I can't find any way to add a label to an existing template. 

It might be relevant that this is a meeting notes blueprint template. 

How can I add default labels to a template?

Confluence Version 5.7.1

Thanks. 

3 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

Perhaps I missed it when you first posted, but you cannot change labels on templates provided by Blueprints, such as Meeting Notes, Product Requirements, or Decisions. 

I believe this feature request represents your current issue – https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29447

If you would want this done, you would have to customize the Blueprint jar file yourself and recompile it, I'd imagine. It shouldn't be tremendously difficult but it's a customization. 

Galen Elfert January 6, 2016

Thanks, that makes sense. As it is, the labels are just being used for generating task lists, which I can do by place instead.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

Yes, but those options for generating task lists are new, (in this space, under this page). The labels used to be the only way.

0 votes
Galen Elfert January 6, 2016

Just updated.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2016

Hi! Can you please comment or edit your post to indicate what version of Confluence you're referring to?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events