Add frequently used item to "Insert More Content" menu

Karl Ostmo October 22, 2013

In Confluence, there is an "Insert" dropdown menu with the mouseover text "Insert More Content". This menu directly contains about 15 macro items, only one of which (the "Table of Contents" macro) I use frequently. The other macro I use frequently is "Insert Code Block". But I have to go to "Other Macros" inside the "Insert" menu, click on the "Formatting" section, then click on "Code Block", then click on "Insert" every time.

Is there a way to put the "Insert Code Block" macro directly in the "Insert" dropdown menu, so I can save many clicks per use?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013
Karl, Why not use the keyboard shortcut to enter a macro? In this case the left curly bracket, then start typing 'code block' the whole name should then appear. Select it and press return. This will enter the macro. You can then open the macro and edit it as necessary. This will save you a few clicks. I'd love to be able to add my macros as favourites though. Cheers.
0 votes
Karl Werner October 22, 2019

I can't "+ 1" the actual ticket (Cloud ticket), so am adding a comment here.  I used Code Block as well on an almost daily (or more) basis (used 3 times in the last 5 minutes).  If I could "+ 100" this feature enhancement, I would. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-28832

Karl Werner October 22, 2019

Ah, now that I've logged in it did let me up-vote.  I encourage people to up-vote that ticket...

0 votes
Dirk Lindner February 11, 2014

fine - i need this feature to :)

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013

We have a feature request for this at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28832

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Oh, nice this would be great.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events