Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a 'linked confluence page' to the issue creation dialog in Jira?

Tim_Brigham April 26, 2013

I'm running Jira 5.0.x and Conflunce 4.1.x. We do have plans to upgrade in the near future.

Is it possible to add a text box with for a link the same way that more actions -> link -> confluence page to the issue creation dialog? We have a couple projects in Jira which have a large number of Confluence pages backing up additional documentation. It would be extremely convenient to paste the link in without having to open a second screen.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim_Brigham April 30, 2013

Raised as a feature request JRA-32835

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

Resolved as "Answered" and put in the same box as "maybe once in the future".

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

I myself added an issue to show the contents of a Confluence page directly in the Jira description here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35316.

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2013

Perhaps what you want to achieve is like the following?
* http://blogs.atlassian.com/2011/09/introducing_virgil_v2/

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2013

Voted up Tim

0 votes
Tim_Brigham April 28, 2013

@Bhushan - good idea. I've opened a request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-32835

0 votes
Jason Caragan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2013

Hi Tim,

In case you weren't already aware of it, you might consider utilizing Remote Issue Linking in JIRA. This would allow you to search for and create a link from the JIRA issue to a Confluence page (from the 'View Issue' screen). Any issue mentioned on a Confluence page using the JIRA Issues Macro will also create a link in JIRA to that Confluence page. Note that you'll first need to configure fully reciprocal AppLinks between your Connie and JIRA sites - see Configuring issue linking for external applications.

Tim_Brigham April 28, 2013

I'm aware of the remote issue linking function. We're already using that functionality in several locations on the Confluence side. Very handy but not what I"m after.

What I'm wanting is a way to use ad hoc links (based on the language on the page you linked to) to specific Confluence pages *within the issue creation dialog* in Jira. Any way to do so? I haven't seen a function like that on my 5.2 or 6.0 EAP testing.

Seth Placke November 12, 2014

Jason, I've used the Remote Issue Linking to link requirements in Confluence to JIRA issues and epics. Now I want to search and filter all issues related to a particular requirement in JIRA. Is there a way to search for links of Confluence?

Seth Placke November 12, 2014

Jason, I've used the Remote Issue Linking to link requirements in Confluence to JIRA issues and epics. Now I want to search and filter all issues related to a particular requirement in JIRA. Is there a way to search for links to Confluence?

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2013

Hey Tim,

I would raise this as a new feature request. This might be something a lot of users are looking for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events