Add a 'linked confluence page' to the issue creation dialog in Jira?

I'm running Jira 5.0.x and Conflunce 4.1.x. We do have plans to upgrade in the near future.

Is it possible to add a text box with for a link the same way that more actions -> link -> confluence page to the issue creation dialog? We have a couple projects in Jira which have a large number of Confluence pages backing up additional documentation. It would be extremely convenient to paste the link in without having to open a second screen.

7 answers

1 accepted

Raised as a feature request JRA-32835

Resolved as "Answered" and put in the same box as "maybe once in the future".

Hey Tim,

I would raise this as a new feature request. This might be something a lot of users are looking for.

Hi Tim,

In case you weren't already aware of it, you might consider utilizing Remote Issue Linking in JIRA. This would allow you to search for and create a link from the JIRA issue to a Confluence page (from the 'View Issue' screen). Any issue mentioned on a Confluence page using the JIRA Issues Macro will also create a link in JIRA to that Confluence page. Note that you'll first need to configure fully reciprocal AppLinks between your Connie and JIRA sites - see Configuring issue linking for external applications.

I'm aware of the remote issue linking function. We're already using that functionality in several locations on the Confluence side. Very handy but not what I"m after.

What I'm wanting is a way to use ad hoc links (based on the language on the page you linked to) to specific Confluence pages *within the issue creation dialog* in Jira. Any way to do so? I haven't seen a function like that on my 5.2 or 6.0 EAP testing.

Jason, I've used the Remote Issue Linking to link requirements in Confluence to JIRA issues and epics. Now I want to search and filter all issues related to a particular requirement in JIRA. Is there a way to search for links of Confluence?

Jason, I've used the Remote Issue Linking to link requirements in Confluence to JIRA issues and epics. Now I want to search and filter all issues related to a particular requirement in JIRA. Is there a way to search for links to Confluence?

@Bhushan - good idea. I've opened a request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-32835

I myself added an issue to show the contents of a Confluence page directly in the Jira description here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35316.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,888 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you