Add a link with other target then http or https

Ray Schmidt September 6, 2017

I would like to add a Link to our Document Management System.

The link looks like: elodms://(A-Long_GUID)

I can insert the link in the edit mode, but after saving the document the link is gone. If i edit the link again later the target of the link is not visible in the edit field.

Thanks for Support

Ray

3 answers

0 votes
Ray Schmidt September 18, 2017

I made the update to 6.2.4 but i can not store a Link with target elodms://(GUID).

Is there a configuration option to allow special protocols?

Thanks
Ray

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2017

Hi Ray,

Thanks for commenting on the bug linked by Gojko.

There isn't a configuration option exactly, but this bug report does have a workaround that entails adding the allowed protocols to a Confluence .jar file:

Expand external links security filtering to allow digits, plus, hyphen and periods in protocol

I look forward to hearing whether this works for you. Please try it on a test instance first, to avoid surprises in Production.

Thanks,
Ann

Ray Schmidt September 28, 2017

Hi Ann,

i tried the changes. After adding elodms: to the offsiteURL als explained unter https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-28103 i could use the links in my pages.

I have Collaborative Editing Off and did not change this configuration.

Is it possible to get the entry "elodms:" in the default list.

ELO is a Enterprise Content Management from ELO Digital Office GmbH in Germany and also used world wide.

Thanks for your support.

Ray

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2017

I am thrilled to hear the workaround allowed you to use the protocol you need for links. I did comment on the bug to request that elodms be included in the default list so you won't have to update the .jar file every time you upgrade Confluence.

Ray Schmidt September 29, 2017

Hi Ann,

thanks. I hope one of the next Releases will contain the new protocol elodms://.

Thanks

Ray

Ray Schmidt February 26, 2018

Hi Ann,

do you know if elodms:// is included in the newest version?

Thanks

Ray

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
February 26, 2018

It isn't - the bug is still open: Expand external links security filtering to allow digits, plus, hyphen and periods in protocol If you upgrade you will need to modify the .jar file again in the new install directory.

Ray Schmidt February 22, 2019

Hi Ann,

is it possible to make this an configurable option in the software and then everyone can add his own needed protocol.

Thanks

Ray

0 votes
g
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2017

You might be hitting the bug with older versions of Confluence which prevented the creation of network or local links, as per CONFSERVER-46039. From version 6.2.2 this issue has been fixed. I have tested your case locally with 6.2.2 and it is working as expected.

If you can, my recommendation would be to upgrade the instance if you are running below 6.2.2

Cheers!

Ray Schmidt September 6, 2017

Ok. I try to make the Update. I have the Version 6.2.0 now.

0 votes
Yilin
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2017

You might need to check the storage format and check how the page data is, it might give you some hints what is going on. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events