Add Label to a Default Blueprint in Confluence

Marshall Oliver June 24, 2014

So, I'm trying to set up a page that will give me all of my how-tos in a list. I'm doing so by using a Content Report Table macro pulling a particular lable in much the same way that the Troubleshooting Articles page does. Problem is, I need to be able to add that label to the How-to article template but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. When creating a brand new blueprint, I see that the labels option is in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. However, when editing an existing one, it does not appear to be possible to edit labels as that option does not appear. Do I have to completely recreate the template? If so, are we able to edit the labels on templates we create or can you really not edit labels on blueprints?

Thanks,

3 answers

1 vote
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2014

Hi Marshall,

It's currently not possible to edit the labels of a blueprint as far as I know. However someone from Atlassian already created an Improvement in the Atlassian JIRA about this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29447

It also includes a possible explanation of why it's not a great idea to change the label of a blueprint.

Hope this helps.

Maarten

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016

Hi Marshall,

Our Add-on Page Tree Creator works a bit different than the Confluence blueprints / templates. The PTC-templates are based on normal confluence pages and therefore creating a PTC-template is as simple as creating a Confluence page. Of course you could start creating your PTC-blueprint based on an existing Confluence page.

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed) and they show how the labeling / indexing works.

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

0 votes
Mark Wittig September 10, 2015

I have the same Problem. :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events