Add Label in Content Editor Bug? Labels are not visible

If I add or edit a page / blogpost I have troubles with the visibility of the labels in the editor.

What I do:

1. Edit or Add a page or a blogpost
  2. Click "Labels" and add a label
  3. The number of the Label button is set to 1 - correct
  4. Then I close the popup
  5. Now I click on the button "Labels" again and no labels is visible.
  6. If I save the page now, the labels are attached

Is this a known issue? I think, I have heard something about this in the past, but I couldn't find the related issue at atlassian.

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Oliver,

I managed to reproduce the same issue in 4.2.4 and I'm guessing the same issue is still happening in the latest Confluence 4.2.11. I'll check if there's an existing bug report on this in our system and if there's not I'll create one for tracking and to notify the development team regarding the issue.

Hey oliver,

I have raised a bug report regarding this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26140. You may watch the bug report for any future updates by the development team. Feel free to leave your comments too.

Thank you for your investigation. Its normal that I could not view the issue, and "project not exists message occurs".

Here is the link: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26140 without "." You should be able to view the bug report now.

Does this issue occur in other browsers as well? Does it happen in all spaces?

There are two things that you can try. Please back up your database first before performing the following tasks.

• See if enabling safe mode would solve the problem (this means that one of the third-party plugins installed is the culprit).
  • Delete any customization codes applied to your Confluence instance. Check:
    • Custom HTML in Confluence Admin
    • Stylesheet in Confluence Admin
    • Layouts in Confluence Admin

I could reproduce this problem on every intance from our customers, on our owns, on a clean installed confluence with no plugins, no design, no stylesheets, ... too. (version from 4.2.2 to 4.2.8).

The problem is, that at a click on #rte-button-labels, the assigned labels are rewritten in the DOM of the label editor, starting at #dialog-label-list and the child ul. This List is written as well, but only with all labels, which are attached at the inital request of the site, not with the new labels.

has nobody the same issue?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,933 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you