Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad hoc workflow send-email pagerejected

Steven Cardinal February 20, 2013

Since the ad hoc workflow support page gets so little activity and a bunch of people here likely use their plugin, I'm going to take a shot and ask the question here.

I'm trying to get an email generated when a page is rejected. All other aspects of my workflow are working as desired (email notifications for page approvals, ie. trigger:statechanged are being sent and received just fine). I followed the example as closely as I could for my scenario, but I received no email. My trigger looks like this:

{trigger:pagerejected|approval=@techlead@}

{send-email:user=@Author@|subject=Page has been rejected by Tech Lead}

The page @page@ has been rejected by [~@user@]

{pageactivity}

{send-email}

{trigger}

The @techlead@ variable is working in other parts of the workflow and is an authorized approver.

The @Author@ is set with a {set-metadata:Author}@user@{set-metadata} in the first state and is working for other triggers.

Also, the {pageactivity} macro does not appear to work, even though it is included in the example in the documentation. Not sure why.

Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven Cardinal February 25, 2013

Turns out the examples in the online documentation uses a user named Editor in Chief (referenced by @Editor in Chief@) and an approval called Editor in Chief. That caused the confusion. I was unclear what the "approval" parameter was doing - it looked like just a title for the comments window. Seems it is a little bit more.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events