Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual issused number in License Details

Thu Nguyen December 6, 2016

Hi,

We have recently updated the number users of our Confluence.  The actual numbers of license that have been issued is 204, but it is shown in the License details table only 92.  Could anyone help me how to get and see the actual number of issued licenses?  Thanks.

License_2016-12-07_9-28-51.png

6 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

Hi Thu,

You're right, something is odd there.  If the System Information tells you there are 206 users, but the License Details tell you there are 92 users, that is a discrepancy that needs to be resolved. 

As no-one here has seen this discrepancy before, it'll be difficult for us to help you.  You should log a ticket with Atlassian Support and ask them to investigate. When you get a resolution would you mind posting it here so we can help anyone who has this problem in the future?

0 votes
Thu Nguyen December 14, 2016

Yes, it stays 92, Rob.

Thanks

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Hi Thu,

Does the number stay as 92 when you click the Refresh button?

0 votes
Thu Nguyen December 13, 2016

We have updated the number of licenses from 100 to 500

The 92 is the old number before we updated

We issued 112 more after the updating, but the number is still '92'

When I go to 'List Users' I can see all the users that have been recently issued, and I know that they have also signed up into the system.

I just dont what is going wrong.

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2016

Hi Thu,

Why do you think you have issued 204 licences?  Are you keeping a separate record outside of Confluence?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2016

Licences are not "issued".  You have 92 people who belong to a group that says "these guys can log in".  That's it.  I've no idea where your 204 comes from, but where-ever you are getting it, it is not part of Confluence.

Thu Nguyen December 13, 2016

We have updated the number of licenses from 100 to 500

The 92 is the old number before we updated

We issued 112 more after the updating, but the number is still '92'

When I go to 'List Users' I can see all the users that have been recently issued, and I know that they have also signed up into the system.

I just dont what is going wrong.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2016

Again, licences are not "issued".  I do not know what you mean by that.  Whatever you think the process is, it's not a Confluence function.

If you think your "92" is wrong, you need to look at how many users have active accounts that can log in to check it.  Your "issued" licences are utterly irrelevant.

Go to global administration and find "global permissions".  Look at the group or groups who get "can use confluence" permission.

Now go to user management and count up the people in those groups.  Does that come to 92?

Thu Nguyen December 14, 2016

Thanks, Nic. I found the correct number in the View System Information, but not in the License Details:

image2016-12-15 14:14:27.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2016

Local users refers to the number of users it can see in the directory.  Not necessarily those consuming licences.

Could you look at the groups that grant "can use confluence"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events