Active Directory

We use confluence as Intranet in our company, and we maintain two directory, one is link to AD and the other is internally created . My question is, whenever I click the picture on the blog post (excerpt) macros, it leads me to the profile link to Active Directory not to the localy created account from which I upload and created the blog. Is there a way to point this to locally created account eventhough both of the account are active. Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Caesar, in case you have two user accounts with the same username (one in each directory) Confluence will use only the user account that belongs to the directory listed on the top position at "Confluence administrtion > User Directories".

In case you want to use only the internal user account, you can either move the internal directory to the top position or remove the LDAP user account from the synchronization (it can be done with a filter, see here).

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Thanks Tiago, we are having some trouble with our link to AD, thats why we use the local account for easy log in, will try your suggestions when we fixed the issue on our end. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

152 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you