Accidentally deleted "Configure other Applications" entry in JIRA.

Now I can't log in to Confluence.

I tried deleting my Confluence Config file and starting over.  That does reestablish the link to JIRA and I can log in with those accounts again.

BUT when I restore my Confluence data (probably the whole site) then I am not able to log in.

Unfortunately I don't know the root Confluence account or if there even is one since it was configured to use JIRA users from the get go.  I can see a whole mess of local users from Windows AD in the backup file.

Thanks for any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hey Craig!

That is a frustrating situation.  sad

If it were me, the first thing I would probably do is get a local admin password configured for Confluence ASAP.  Even though user management was delegated to JIRA, there should still be a local admin you can log in with, (or you can create a new one).

If you can't retrieve those credentials from whoever was responsible for the instance before, you'll have to go through these steps:

Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights

It's going to require a fair bit of DB work, but it may be a blessing in disguise.  Having a local admin account is insanely handy.

Aside from that, do you have backups from before you deleted the entry in question? 

Good luck!

Cody, thanks for the link.  That worked like a charm.  I was hesitant since I have little experience with SQL, but it worked verbatim in our MS SQL instance.  I added a "local" (local to Confluence) admin account and we are back in.  I'm thinking we never actually created a local admin account since we just latched it right up to our JIRA install.  I will be latching it back up to JIRA again, but I'll leave that local admin count in there as well.

Thanks Again.

Awesome!  Great to hear, Craig.

If you have a second, I'd appreciate you marking this as answered.  Thank you!!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

364 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you