Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally deleted "Configure other Applications" entry in JIRA.

Craig Coburn June 3, 2016

Now I can't log in to Confluence.

I tried deleting my Confluence Config file and starting over.  That does reestablish the link to JIRA and I can log in with those accounts again.

BUT when I restore my Confluence data (probably the whole site) then I am not able to log in.

Unfortunately I don't know the root Confluence account or if there even is one since it was configured to use JIRA users from the get go.  I can see a whole mess of local users from Windows AD in the backup file.

Thanks for any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Hey Craig!

That is a frustrating situation.  sad

If it were me, the first thing I would probably do is get a local admin password configured for Confluence ASAP.  Even though user management was delegated to JIRA, there should still be a local admin you can log in with, (or you can create a new one).

If you can't retrieve those credentials from whoever was responsible for the instance before, you'll have to go through these steps:

Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights

It's going to require a fair bit of DB work, but it may be a blessing in disguise.  Having a local admin account is insanely handy.

Aside from that, do you have backups from before you deleted the entry in question? 

Good luck!

Craig Coburn June 8, 2016

Cody, thanks for the link.  That worked like a charm.  I was hesitant since I have little experience with SQL, but it worked verbatim in our MS SQL instance.  I added a "local" (local to Confluence) admin account and we are back in.  I'm thinking we never actually created a local admin account since we just latched it right up to our JIRA install.  I will be latching it back up to JIRA again, but I'll leave that local admin count in there as well.

Thanks Again.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Awesome!  Great to hear, Craig.

If you have a second, I'd appreciate you marking this as answered.  Thank you!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events