Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to a specific page to a specific person

vitish_pendharkar April 23, 2021
We use Confluence to create documentation. For one of the page and its child pages, I need to give access to the person named 'Nguyen Bich Huong'. But I do not see the person's name in the search box to give access. Here are more details about the issue.

1. On the upper-right corner of the confluence page, click Restrictions apply (the lock icon).

Restrictions Apply.jpg

2. On the Restrictions dialog box, type the name of the person you want to give access to. Here, we want to give access to Nguyen Bich Huong.

Restrictions.jpg

As you can see in the above screenshot, the name of the person is not appearing for selection. 

The person has been given access to Confluence. Yet, I am not able to view the person for selection like how it is appearing in the following screenshot. 

example.jpg

The email address of the person is: vcbhuong@vietcombank.com.vn

Regards,

Vitish Pendharkar

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2021

My guess is that the person you are trying to name in your restriction does not have access to the space.  (So there's no point trying to restrict them - they already can't see the pages)

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2021

HI @vitish_pendharkar welcome to the Atlassian community forum.

Here's some information I found in the current confluence version documentation:

"Grant permission

If someone asks permission to view or edit a restricted page, we'll email whoever is in the best position to grant permission. Our first choice is the page creator. If the page creator is unable to grant permission (if their account is deactivated or if their page access has been revoked), then we’ll send the email to the last person who updated the page. If no page creators or editors are able to grant permission, then we’ll send the email to a space admin instead.

If you receive a permission request, you can choose to grant it, deny it, or ignore the email. That person may ask again, but we don't require a response from you if you don't wish to give one"

I believe this add-or-remove-page-restrictions page will give you steps.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

vitish_pendharkar April 24, 2021

I have talked to the IT person and he has mentioned that he has given the Confluence access to the person. What shall be the next step?

Also, can you send me an email to grant permission to the owner of the page? Because I am the creator of page and I need to give permission. 

Like G subramanyam likes this
vitish_pendharkar April 25, 2021

@G subramanyam Let us have a call to discuss the issue and get this sorted.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2021

Hi @vitish_pendharkar I believed that the answer your marked accepted would have resolved your query.

Please be informed that, we are the group of Atlassian products end users who share best practices, work arounds and possible solutions. Having said, I don't share my contact numbers on official forum's.

I would request you to reach to Atlassian contact support with your error screenshot for them to investigate.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

vitish_pendharkar April 25, 2021

Thanks for the quick reply @G subramanyam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events